- Open-plan sittingroom/kitchen layout for ease of visibility. You can prepare a meal, make a cup of tea, lay the table etc. whilst still keeping a watchful eye on your companion.
- Drying area and patio area are for your use. BBQ can be supplied on request. Smoking is allowed in outside areas.
- Handrails are connected in the lobby and bathroom areas.
- Shower chair available on request
- There is a supply of books, DVDs, CDs for your use. Also books on dementia and dementia DVDs available if you should wish.
- Doors are brightly painted and clearly labelled.
- There are no stairs, loose rugs or open fires and the TVs are situated high up.
- There is ample room for Zimmer frames to be used.
- The toilet seat is brightly coloured and contrasts with the floor. Raised toilet seat available on request. All flooring can be washed so please do not worry if there are any small accidents.
- Single beds are also supplied with waterproof mattresses.
- Linen and towels are supplied and renewed weekly (unless otherwise requested).
- There is parking space for one car right at the entrance to the cottage.
- At the time of booking it is essential to give as much information as you can if specialist services are required.
Buchanhaven Holidays will try to accommodate any request – big or small – to ensure you have a happy holiday.